The moss stitch is also known as the granite or linen stitch. It’s a very easy 1 row Repeat with double sided texture.
Moss stitch description
The Moss stitch is reversible and looks identical on both sides. It has tiny gaps but creates a neat and interesting texture.
How it’s made
The moss stitch crochet tutorial is beginner- easy skill level. Its a very simple 1 row repeat and to complete the tutorial you will need to know the single crochet stitch and the chain. You can use any yarn with its recommended crochet hook size to complete the tutorial.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my links. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!
This pattern in whole or in any part may not be copied, sold, distributed or altered in any way.
When sharing the free pattern please only share the link to the pattern. Please DO NOT share screenshots or paid PDF files.
Moss stitch tutorial crochet pattern
- Crochet hook recommended for your yarn
- Any yarn
- ch – Chain
- sc – Single crochet
- Stitches separated with a comma are to be made in separate spaces eg. (sc, dc) would mean sc in first stitch then dc in next stitch.
- Make a small swatch of the moss stitch and measure the size before beginning a large project.
Moss stitch tutorial free crochet pattern
- ch multiples of 2 for desired length
- ch 4 more then sc in 4th ch from the hook
- ch 1, skip 1, sc : repeat to end
- ch x 2 & turn
- sc in ch sp
- ch 1, skip 1 & sc in ch sp: repeat to end
- ch x 2 & turn
- Repeat row 2 until you reach desired size
- Fasten off & weave in ends.
Moss Stitch Tutorial
I Hope you enjoyed my moss stitch tutorial! You can help support my blog by taking a minute to share this post on your favourite social platform. Also, Don’t forget to tag me in your posts because I’d love to see your project ❤️