These cute little moon and star appliques are fast and easy to crochet. They can be made in minutes and make adorable decorations for baby bedtime items.
Moon & Stars applique crochet patterns
The crescent moon applique and little stars are small enough to sew onto baby clothing, toys and blankets. You can make as many as you like and arrange them to make perfect design.
How it’s made
The moon and stars appliques are beginner skill level. They works up very quickly, in one piece and with no sewing. The appliques use only a tiny amount of yarn, making them a great stash buster. You will need to know all your basic crochet stitches to complete the pattern. To make the appliques I used DK/Light Worsted yarn and a 4mm crochet hook. But, you could try out different yarn weights with the recommended hook for different sized motifs.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my links. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!
Paid or free crochet pattern
The moon & stars applique crochet patterns are available in both free and paid versions. Simply scroll down for the free crochet pattern. Alternatively, the paid crochet pattern includes the following –
- Progress photos.
- Print friendly PDF file.
- Advert free.
- Helps to support Memory lane crochet.
You can purchase the pattern from my Etsy or Ravelry store on the following links –
This pattern in whole or in any part may not be copied, sold, distributed or altered in any way.
Completed items may be sold in small quantities (not mass produced i.e. factory scale).
Please credit myself ‘Memory Lane Crochet’ (Rose Hudd) as the designer when advertising or publishing photos online.
If sharing the free pattern please only share the link to the pattern. Please DO NOT share screenshots or paid PDF files.
Moon & Star Appliques free crochet pattern
Crochet pattern info
- 4mm crochet hook
- Light worsted yarn
- Weight – DK / Light worsted / #3
- Brand – King Cole Pricewise
- A – Yellow: 7 yards
- B – Blue: 9 yards
- Total – 16 yards
- ch – Chain
- dc – Double crochet
- 2dc – 2 dc in 1 space (increase)
- hdc – Half double crochet
- 2hdc – 2hdc in 1 space (increase)
- sc – Single crochet
- 2sc – 2 sc in 1 space (increase)
- sl st – Slip stich
- st/sts – Stitch/Stitches
- tr – Treble crochet
- 2tr – 2 tr in 1 space (increase)
Sizes & Gauge
- 2″ x 2″ gauge swatch = 7 rows of 9 hdc
- Moon: H 5.5cm x W 3.5cm
- Star: H 3.5cm x W 3.5cm
- Chains are not included in the stitch count.
- Unless otherwise stated, stitches separated with a comma are to be made in separate spaces. eg. (sc, dc) would mean sc in the first stich, dc in the second stitch. eg. (2hdc, hdc x 2) would mean 2hdc in the first stitch, 1hdc in the second stitch, 1hdc in the third stich.
- After fastening off, weave in ends, unless you intend to use them for sewing the applique to a project.
Free moon & star applique crochet patterns
- ch x 12 then start in 2nd ch from the hook
- sc x 11
- ch & turn
Did you know?You can purchase an advert free, printable copy of this pattern for less than the price of a coffee! The premium pattern includes 3 different sizes from preemie to age 6 years. Plus you help support Memory Lane crochet.
ETSY ~ RAVELRY ~ LOVE CRAFTS
- sl st, 2sc, 2hdc, 2dc, dc, 2tr, dc, 2dc, 2hdc, 2sc, sl st
- Fasten off
- sc x 5 into a magic ring
- sl st to 1st st & ch
- (sc, tr, ch, sc) in 1 st
- Repeat 4 more times
- sl st to 1st st & fasten off
Moon & star applique crochet patterns
I hope you enjoyed my free moon and star applique crochet patterns! You can help support my blog by taking a minute to share this post on your favourite social platform. Also, Don’t forget to tag me in your posts because I’d love to see your project ❤️